LESSONS – BOOK NOW
SURFGROMS – BOOK NOW
Bookings are essential
Surfing takes a while to master and you will always be learning new things from your surfs, but you may need some help. Just working out when and where to go surfing takes experience. Travelling to find the right waves is part of the fun of surfing and if you learn from an experienced coach you will know where to go and at the best time. Our local beaches have lots of differences and I will teach you how they work and why. Remember to find suitable waves for your level of surfing involves tide, wind, swell size and sandbanks. Every beach works differently and 1 beach can be dangerous and unsafe but a short drive away another beach can be perfect on the SAME day! All lessons include vital surf safety education and information on wave types, rips and currents, sandbanks, tides and much more.
If you want to improve your surfing then book a lesson to get further instruction on more advanced surfing, including wave and beach selection, improving your turns, choosing the right board and equipment, fitness and stretching for surfing. Don’t forget paddling fitness, catching waves is what surfers do, so make sure you include some paddling in every session so you can build up the muscles you use for paddling and increase your wave catching.
I can supply the equipment or you can bring your own.
Gift Vouchers are available
Lesson times and options
Lessons run all year round including winter, wetsuits provided for your comfort. Times and locations vary around the tides and surf conditions on the day.
I schedule lessons using the tides charts in advance and confirm the day before and let you know when and where. Sometimes this may change on the day if a more suitable beach is required due to changes in surf conditions. Primary locations are Blacksmiths, Caves and Stockton beaches with other beaches selected when conditions allow.
Prices start from $30pp – please use links above to book your lessons.
SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMS
- Single 1.5hr lessons during school holidays under 19’s $40pp and over 19/Adults $45pp
- 4 x 1.5hr lesson programs for all ages:
- nudie SurfGroms $145pp (6wk – $185pp) includes registration fee and $130 worth of surfgroms gear! ages 5 – 12yrs
- SurfTEENS (13-19yrs) $155pp (6wk – $195pp) includes a Learn to Surf Newcastle baseball cap or a Jar of Surfmud Zinc and a Slimes surfshop voucher great value
- Adults/over 19 $160pp have a go with the kids or get a group of friends together.
NDIS registered provider number #93731081
- Surfgroms Weekend/After school 6wk $180pp all year round programs. (plus rego $25pp payable to Surfing Australia)
- Weekend/after school 6wk SurfTEENS $190pp 6wks includes hat or Surfmud zinc and Slimes Surfshop voucher
- Pickup from school can be arranged too
- Single group lessons available every weekend/midweek all year round ages 5yrs and up. Under 19’s $35pp over 19yrs $40pp 1.25hrs.
For School groups programs pricing please email your enquiry for quote. Transport can be provided for small groups of up to 7. I offer one off lessons or full term weekly sessions for beginners and advanced surfers. APOLA ocean surf safety award certificate OSSA can be included in the instruction and is Dept of Education approved (additional fee $35 per student).
Adults only lessons
Adults only lessons are also available, Monday – Friday between 9am and 3 pm (I need a minimum of 3 to run a group so get your friends in on a session). At weekends my groups can be mixed depending on bookings, we cater for all ages and abilities and regardless of age beginner surfers often need the same types of waves anyway. I do try to keep the group’s ages as separate as possible. I have families who surf together and the adults and kids all love being in the water at the same time. It’s all about having fun and gaining confidence.
University and back packers groups include transport for up to 7 surfers door to door. Subject to bookings on the day and minimum numbers apply.
1-on-1 lesson -1 1/4 hour duration all conducted by Miles personally! I advise doing some group lessons for beginners to get the basics dialled in and then a 1 on 1 will be much better as I can focus on your personal needs more efficiently. $100 single lesson, $90 for regular lessons ( if you do a group lesson first the $90 cost applies)
- Semi-Private Groups also available for 2 persons and 3 persons in a group by yourselves.
- Group lessons Up to 6 per group and 12 maximum per session with 2 coaches (13yrs – adults).
- nudie SurfGroms groups up to 15 with 3 coaches (5yrs 1:4 ratio, 12yrs 1:5 ratio).
- Larger groups available for sporting groups, team building sessions, Birthdays, Office Xmas parties, Hens/bucks shows just call me for a quote.
Equipment Hire available for boards, wetsuits and body boards, conditions apply and you must have had a minimum of 3 surfing lessons with an accredited surf school.