As no beach in Newcastle is “safe” all the time we may need to travel to find the right beginner wave for your lessons. It is not as simple as just going to any beach and paddling out. Every surfer will tell you its all about the tides, the swell direction, the sandbanks and the wind just like fishing you need a plan.
Miles grew up in Aviemore, Scotland with ice hockey and snow skiing his favourite sports, arriving in Newcastle in 1977 his passion for surfing began and has never stopped. There were no surf schools back then and surfing was a self-taught sport. Luckily we now have surfing instruction available for everyone to get proper education on water safety and surfing safety. Surfing looks easy but is not easy to do. Miles has coached for over 12 years and developed his programs for all ages and fitness levels. Advanced coaching as well and just like a golf swing your surfing can always improve with some technique adjustments!
I also offer birthday parties, Team building groups and Hens/Bucks shows.
- Level 1 or 2 Surf Coaching Accreditation (Surfing Australia or ISA)
- Current Surf Rescue & Senior First Aid Qualification
- Working with Children Certificate & Surfing NSW membership
- Surf Rescue Certificate / OSSA accreditation
- Competent Surfing Skills
- Willing to accredit as a Surfing Australia Surf instructor